- To prepare the people for knowledge-based economy and society
- To champion the cause of life-long learning with developmental orientation
- To stimulate the creation of world-class knowledge resources
- To provide universal access to them through Information Technology
- To bridge the Digital Divide and resultant Knowledge Divide
OKCL commenced its business operations in December 2012 over the entire state of Odisha (a very culturally rich state in India admeasuring about 1,55,707 sq. km. and having the population exceeding 40 million) and in a short span of 6 years it has emerged as a high-tech and high-touch initiative focused on design, development and delivery of innovative eLearning, eGovernance, and eEmpowerment technologies, solutions and services to its ever growing base of millions of customers in public at large, Universities, Governments, and Communities.